Chocolate chip cookies
13 Mar 2009
Here’s my recipe:
Combine in the bowl of a stand mixer:
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 138g light brown sugar (approx 2/3 cup)
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 7g vanilla extract (maybe .5 tablespoon?)
Combine in separate bowl:
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 175g chocolate chips (a little more than a cup?)
- 177g all-purpose flour (a little less than 1.33 cups)
With the mixer on medium, slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, until well mixed. Don't over mix!
Should make about 642g of dough.
Chill in the fridge for a while (overnight good, can be less)
Makes 14 cookies
- Set oven to 325°
- Make 46g balls of dough, and put on a greased cookie sheet (no more than 4 per sheet and only one sheet at a time).
- When the oven reaches ~140° put the cookies in on the next-to-top rack setting (don't need to wait to preheat)
- Cook for 11 minutes and 22 seconds.
- Take cookies out and move them to a dish (no cooling rack needed)
- Let sit 5 minutes.